Tuition Affordability Q&A
MJDS wants to ensure that all Jewish children have access to a high-quality MJDS education. We are able to do this by charging the amount that’s right for each family through use of our Tuition Affordability Guide (TAG). In order to determine placement on the Tuition Affordability Guide, please complete a 2017-2018 Grant Application Form online at www.milwaukeejewish.org/onlineapp/.
Please contact Christy Horn at 414-967-8309 or firstname.lastname@example.org for submission deadlines.
- Q. Why do families need to complete the Grant Application Form and attach so many documents?
- Q. What is the Helen Bader Grant?
- Q. Who should complete the Grant Application Form?
- Q. What if my child still qualifies for the Building Our Future Tuition Grant?
- Q. Does MJDS assist with other school costs?
- Q. When are the Grant Application Forms and attachments due?
- Q. Who reviews my completed Grant Application Form?
- Q. Who funds tuition affordability?
- Q. What do I do if my financial situation changes after I submit my completed forms?
- Q. What if I submit my Grant Application Form after the deadline of April 7?
- Q. Who should I contact if I have questions?
A. We know completing this form can be a lot of work and time consuming. There are several reasons we need this information: 1) to secure our share of the Helen Bader Grant funds each year; 2) to assure that funds are being allocated equitably among MJDS families; and 3) to provide information to funders and the larger Milwaukee Jewish community about the need for financial support for Jewish education.
A. Your Grant Application Form is reviewed by MJDS Business Administrator Christy Horn. In some unique, more complicated situations, impartial members of the MJDS Tuition Committee (a small non-parent committee) review applications. All applications are treated with compassion and sensitivity. Your materials are used in the process of securing grant funds from the Helen Bader Foundation. All materials are submitted to the Day School Grant Allocation Committee (DSGAC) after the identifying information is redacted. The DSGAC is comprised of community members and staff from the Coalition for Jewish Learning (CJL). The DSGAC will only accept an application if you furnish all necessary information.
A. Parents who miss the deadline for submitting a Grant Application Form may not be eligible for any financial aid through MJDS and will be assessed a $200 late fee. Therefore, it is crucial that you return your completed forms as soon as possible. Please contact Christy Horn at 414-967-8309 or email@example.com for submission deadlines.