Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator
Milwaukee Jewish Day School
Milwaukee Jewish Day School is a private Jewish 3K-8 school where academic excellence and Jewish values prepare children for a lifetime of success, leadership and engagement with the world.
The Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator will efficiently and accurately maintain the donor database for MJDS while providing excellent customer service to our many supporters: parents, alumni, past parents, grandparents and friends of MJDS in the broader community. The position requires a balance of skills including excellent interpersonal communication, strong organization and exceptional attention to detail. The Coordinator will report to the Director of Development and support the Business Administrator for the annual audit.
The Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator is committed to living the MJDS Beliefs that that are foundational to our core values of wonder, empathy and Tikkun Olam (repairing the world):
We believe in encouraging curiosity and awareness of the world around us.
We believe each person is an individual with unique gifts who will be loved, respected and valued every day.
We believe growth requires risk and FAILure.
We believe in seeking to understand before being understood.
We believe in assuming the best of all people.
We believe in always being solutions-oriented.
We believe everyone has the ability to heal injustice.
We believe learning should be collaborative, student-owned and move each student from engagement to empowerment.
- Donation processing and thank you letter generation and mailing using DonorPerfect Online platform
- Assemble and submit weekly gift batches to the Business Administrator
- Donor database maintenance including creating new donor records, updating donor contact information and classifications and eliminating duplicate records
- Annual campaign mailings to include letter merges, list creation and export, coordination with marketing and mail house for printing and mailing
- Prepare and mail honorarium and memorial acknowledgment cards
- Annual campaign thank you calls as assigned by the Development Director
- Show gratitude and consideration utilizing excellent communication skills, especially with donors and volunteers
- Understand the importance of accuracy when recording gift and contact information
- Manage stewardship calendar to ensure stewardship activities are timely and donor-centered
- Develop new and creative ways to recognize and thank MJDS supporters
- Demonstrate an understanding of donor confidentiality
- Facilitate timeline for systematic contacts and upcoming projects for Development Director (donor contacts, grants, mailings, events)
- Take the lead on the Fruit and Nut Sale fundraiser for school families. Work closely with staff and volunteers to ensure annual FAN fundraising goal is achieved
Events, Administration and Assistance
- Facilitate mailing of auction item donation and sponsorship inquiries and follow up
- Prepare mailing lists for save the dates and invitations
- Maintain event master spreadsheet including RSVPs, sponsorships and donations
- Event committee liaison, prepare agendas and other meeting materials
- Willingness to attend evening events on occasion as needed
- Prepare reports for Development Director as primary, Business Administrator as secondary
- Participate in Advancement team meetings and provide materials as needed
- Facilitate supplies purchasing, room reservations and catering for development campaigns and events
- Provide constituent contact information to Leadership Team as needed for mailing and emailing
- Support Business Administrator as needed for annual financial audit
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience stewarding Major Gift donors
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- High level of professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Google Suite: Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Calendar
- DonorPerfect Online (DPO)or other customer relationship management (CRM) software
Stewardship mindset, experience or skills
- Development experience or training
- Project management skills
- Interest and understanding of the importance of donor data analysis
- Strong sense of teamwork and cultural fit
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Drivers License, personal transportation
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Aaron Lippman, Head of School.